Our Vision: 2 Corinthians 5:20; Colossians 1:28
– To help people find a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
– To create a family friendly environment where each person is encouraged to connect with God, form relationships with the CSCC family, and to be salt and light to the people they have contact with.
What We Believe:
– In one God with 3 entities : Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; John 14:9-20, 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14.
– We believe God the Son out of love for creation came to this world, who was both human and divine, who lived a sinless life; Who suffered and was crucified as an atonement for our sins; Who rose again bodily from the dead on the third day; Who ascended into Heaven; And who will return in victory to rule forever; John 3:15, Philippians 2:6-8, Colossians 1:15-19.
– We believe in God the Spirit who convicts us of our sins, who guides believers to keep God’s word alive by living it out in practical ways for today, who goes before God on our behalf, who helps us mature in our relationship with God each and every day. John 16:8, Romans 8:26-27, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 2 Timothy 1:14, Galatians 5:22-25.
– We believe the Bible was inspired by God and is without error, it is God’s final authority for all believers, and is useful to help us in our daily walk with God. Mark 12:36, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21.
– We believe sin originated through the actions of Adam and Eve, as a result sin severed the relationship between God and His people. We believe God spent a great time and effort to provide us with a way back to a right relationship with Him. We believe salvation is a gift from God that can only be obtained through repentance of our sins and the confession of our faith in Jesus Christ. We believe it is not based on man’s ability to ‘be good enough’ but on the saving grace through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:1-10, 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 John 4:9.
– We believe in baptism by immersion as modelled by Jesus, we believe it is a part of our repentance of sin. Matthew 3:13-17, Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-4.
– We believe in taking communion each week as a reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for our sins, we believe the cup represents the blood Jesus shed for us, we believe the bread represents Jesus’s body that was given for us. Luke 22:19-20, Acts 20:7.
– We believe Jesus commissioned every believer to be active in serving others, we believe that Jesus did not send us out on our own to serve but will be with us every step of the way, we believe God has gifted each and every person with different talents and abilities in order to be a part of building His kingdom; We believe that each follower of Jesus should be using their God given gifts to fulfill the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20, John 12:26, Ephesians 2:10, Ephesians 4:11-13.